Thursday, December 29, 2011

DECATEUR'S WEEKLY BUSINESS ROUNDUP

Hey, guys, what's up?
Whatever...


This week's business round-up comes a couple of days before New Year's, so I'll make it kind of brief so that everybody can get back to doing whatever it is people do during the holiday.  To be honest, I'm not in the best mood right now.  The reason is that I was kicked out of my bedroom for three days while my sister was in town last weekend with her family.


Basically, my two nephews and one niece got my basement room and I had to sleep on the couch in the den.  To make it short, they trashed the place - they got into freakin' everything: my CDs, my clothes and even my Star Wars figurine collection! - and now I can't bring myself to clean up.  I'm like paralyzed.  I can't think.  It's over and they're gone, but it totally sucked.


So, now you get an idea of what I'm dealing with.  Sleeping on the couch isn't that bad (I could play the new Skyrim game all night!) but getting up 7:00 a.m., when the kids got up, was absolute torture.  Now I know what it might have been like to be that Russian guy in the labor camp when Stalin was around.


Okay, enough about me.  Here are my predictions for next week:


1.  I've got a good feeling about tech stocks.  I see some major announcement coming out of the industry that will give a good bump to companies like Intel and IBM.  Thumbs up.


2.  Stay away from Verizon.  Yes, now!  There's gonna be some big fallout from their $2 fee for online billing, and I wouldn't want to be around when the peasants revolt.


3.  Dump your Euros.  Last week I would have said "buy", but this week I'm back with a bearish stance.  Greece is going to come up with some doozie numbers soon and I think Spain is going to be making news about being on the economic brink.  Just another reason to move toward advancing Asian equities.


All right, that's it for now.  Take care and have a happy New Year.  Me... I'll be locked in the basement till at least Monday (avoiding the rent my mom will come looking for...) just me and Skyrim and 10 2-liter bottles of  Mountain Dew.


-Decateur

No comments: