Wednesday, July 13, 2011

TEN THINGS I'll MISS AFTER WAKING UP FIVE YEARS IN THE FUTURE



As you well know, I'm freezing myself this Friday and I'll be sleeping in this cryogenic state for five years whereupon I'll be "reawakened" to continue to live my life as I do today, but five years later.  This "sleep" will seem like a short nap to me.


Anyway, as my journey begins I started wondering what I would miss when I awaken half a decade from now.  My thought experiment required that I come up with ten things that are around today that most likely won't be around when I wake up.  Here they are:


1.  My subscriptions to "Popular Science", "Better Homes and Gardens", "Wired" and "Men's Health" magazines.  (These subscriptions will not be paid during my absence.)
2.  Facebook.  (At least nobody will be using it.)
3.  The half-used tub of sour cream I bought last week.
4.  Pickle, my neighbor's 17-year-old labrador retriever.
5.  The duct tape wallet.
6.  The 2012 Summer Olympics.
7.  Bananas.
8.  Permafrost.
9.  Tuna.
10.  The Pontiac Fiero.


Thank you,
KWA



1 comment:

Jobs For Stay At Home Moms said...

Interesting posting! I like this :)