Saturday, June 9, 2007

Pin-striped or floral...?

Q: I have an interview next Tuesday. Should I wear a pin-striped tie or a floral print tie?

Eric, Portsmouth, NH

K.W.A.: I have three questions for you: first, do you like flowers?; second, does your shirt have a collar (..can it accomodate a tie?); third, do you know how to tie a tie? If you answered "no" to any of these questions then go with the pin-striped tie. Personally, I would recommend an ascot to really make a bold statement, but this is hard to pull off. You have to have to be extremely dignified for this look to work.

Good luck with the interview.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had great success with poke a dots. One should only hope to have somebody with such fantastic fashion sense on there team. Furthermore, no tie, top three buttons undone and a gold medallion on a "Phat" gold chain. I hope your team agrees.